Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

HASAY UPDATE - Week Something or other - Attack of the Chocolate Hearts

Hi! How ya all doing? I've been reading some awesome HASAY updates and I figured I should get off my butt and throw something up here on my little blog.

I have noticed that some of my fellow HASAYERS have made some awesome progress this past week, and for that I commend you! Especially since it was Valentine's Day "week". Others like me are still treading the choppy HASAY waters - just barely staying a float.

Actually, I shouldn't really say that because I did a pretty good job this week. I watched what I ate, went for a really long run over the weekend, did weight-loss yoga several times and chased the boys in the backyard - I just didn't lose any weight. In fact, if HASAY was a "maintain your current weight" challenge, I would be the hands down, uncontested winner. Unfortunately it's not - it's a "weight-loss" challenge and I do know that.I think my body didn't get that memo.

However, I am going to refrain from bitching about not losing any weight this week because wow - did your kids bring home a ton of Valentine's Day candy too? I really can't believe the haul my pre-schooler brought back from his school's Valentine's Day party. It was like a Halloween repeat. His Valentine's Day "box" is so packed with chocolates, suckers, gummy candies, and so many other goodies that I'll be rationing it out for weeks to come. I'm surprised that I didn't gain 10 pounds just by being around so much candy!

I remember when I was a kid, Valentine's Day at my school consisted of just the little cards and maybe some of those crappy Necco heart candies and that was it. Apparently things have changed.

8 comments:

Mommy In Pink said...

Hi Leslie,

Those little V-day parties definitely have changed...they bring home so much crap now it's not even funny, back when I was in school, it was just the stupid hearts too with cards!

I've somewhat fallen off the bandwagon with exercise, I try and try, but have been sick and my baby found out that she doesn't like to nap which makes her really crabby and me left unable to get anything done...So much fun I tell ya!

Good luck to you!

Michelle said...

Wow. I guess that's what I'll be seeing next year when Peanut goes to preschool... I don't know if I'll have your willpower.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Yup, Sprite's daycare class was besieged with lollipops, conversation hearts, loads of chocolate, and m$m's, the most recognized candy in the world. Damn parent probably knew all the whining that would result when she pulled that bomb out of her shopping bag. I had to tell Sprite that the m&m's were sleeping. They still are..

Casey said...

Wow, my kid didn't get any candy at school but to be fair, he goes to a private Jewish preschool (we're not Jewish but it's a really good school). I managed to stay away from all candy this V Day but instead, I ate an assload of junk food. I hope you have a better week this week.

Mrsbear said...

Yeah, my kids had a huge Valentine's day haul. My strategy is encouraging them to eat as much as humanly possible, just so I don't have to look at it. I'm a bad mother, I know. Congrats on the weight maintenance, its better to break even than to have a surplush.

HeatherPride said...

Definitely!! I shared a sucker with the baby yesterday while Logan sucked on another one. I never know whether to just blow through it and get it over with, or ration it out and have it hang around forever!

Heather said...

My kids hide all the candy in their room...but, the dogs knows....oh hell, the dog KNOWS!!!

Laufa said...

At least you avoided those candies, even though you had to be around them. I completely understand, my hubby knows my weakness to chocolate, so he brings it home.