Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I should be sleeping right now

I have been up since 4:45 this morning.

I am tired. Very tired.

And I am completely pissed off that the ONE freaking day I get to sleep in past 5:30, I wake up at 4:45.

I didn't do it voluntarily. No. I woke up to Little D hacking his head off so of course I got up to take care of him. Except he didn't much feel like going back to sleep after his 45 min. coughing spell. Instead he laid in his bad and called for me non-stop for another hour. When I finally went back into his room to tell him in a nice and loving way to SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!, he looked at me and ever so sweetly and said, "Mommy, I need my orange binkie"

For Christ's sake!

After I fished his binkie out from under his bed he was pretty much completely done with the whole going back to bed idea so up we got.

He's currently in his room, making all kinds of noise again when he should be taking his nap. This does not look good.

You're probably wondering why I just don't sneak in a nap while he's in his room, right? Well, I tried but my wacky next door neighbor is in his garage, banging in his drum set and I can hear everything. And he sucks too.

And as I finish writing this, my husband and The Captain are back from running errands, and Little D is now calling for his big brother - hoping that he will rescue him from his naptime hell.

Who is going to rescue me?

DISCLAIMER - I would never actually tell my kids to SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY
but the thought has run through my mind on more than occasion.

4 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Sounds like a rough day, but at least you have your little one with you. Some moms have actually lost their children and would kill for those moments...even the annoying ones!

Bex said...

i'm pretty sure that i have told my kids to shut the hell up - not a proud moment, but it happens to the best of us!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I'm sorry about that comment...I didn't mean it to come out as harsh as it did. Trust me, I've also had my moments and boy is it usually when I'm exhausted and just plain sick and tired of it all! Shew...I sound like a nasty you-know-what up there and I really didn't mean it to come out so awful! So sorry!

Casey said...

Oh, I feel your pain, sister. Graham has been getting up at 5:30 every day for a month and I'm running on empty. HOpe you're getting some sleep now!