Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Random babblings

I have been wanting to throw up some posts about a whole lot of different things lately and I just haven't had the time to sit down and really put a lot of effort, thought, or creativity into writing anything. So, I decided that I'm just gonna throw a whole bunch of stuff up all at once, and hopefully I'll quiet the loud trilling sound in my brain at the same time. Here goes.

I have to pre-register my little one for his surgery...again. This particular surgery isn't life threatening but it's something that needs to be fixed so under the knife he will go. It's been a very frustrating experience pretty much from the start - it's been re-scheduled 4 times already because of one reason or another. But this time it's looking like it just might happen, which makes me relieved and scared at the same time. Now if I can just get him registered. I left the phone number I need to call on the counter this morning. I just spent over half an hour getting bounced from one department to another because apparently I was speaking Latin or something and no one could understand what the F(&*&*& I was saying. So I gave up before I got really pissed and threw the phone out the window.

You have ever stopped to look at just how much shit is made in China? It's freaking amazing. Practically every single thing I touch in the store these days is made in China. Or Korea. Or the Philippines. Or Thailand. Is anything made in the USA anymore? Would it be possible to buy ONLY American made goods? I think I'm going to do a little experiment and do my best to buy only American made stuff. It's going to be a challenge but I think I can do. I know I'll probably save a ton of money.

I hate Sony. Our $995 Sony HDTV, that was only three years, old died a week or so ago. The picture tube went out so it was going to cost as much to replace it as it would be buy a new one. I called Sony and told them what had happened and that even the Sony repair center said it shouldn't have gone out this early. They pretty much flipped me the "bird" over the phone and said that since I didn't purchase the extended warranty there was nothing they could do for me. Or more like nothing they wanted to do for me. I was hoping that they might want to, oh you know, stand behind their product or maybe try to do something, anything, to keep life-long Sony customers as customers, but apparently not. So, F&^&% you Sony. We're never buying another piece of Sony crap ever again.

Usually when we have big purchases to make we avoid using money from savings if we can score one of those "no interest for 12 months" credit card deals. However, our latest ordeal with the Walmart card had me seeing red. After above mentioned tv went kaput, I hopped online to apply for a Walmart card because they had the no interest deal for purchases over $250. We picked out a TV we wanted and applied for the card. The TV was $678. I was approved for $600. Are you kidding me? I called a rep and asked her why such a low credit limit. I told her I haven't had such a ridiculously low limit like that since I was in my 20's. Again, there was nothing she could do for me since it "was all computer generated, Mame". I got off the phone and ordered my credit score from all three credit agencies. 793 baby. Take that and feed it through your computer, Walmart - we're taking our business elsewhere - forever.

And finally, is it just me or does anyone else feel like their days just blend into each other? One day just melts right into another. Get up, go to work, do the same thing at work, get off work, go home, do the same thing at home - day in and day out. The only thing that varies is what your kid may or may not whine about on any given day or what she may or may not eat for dinner. I need some excitement in my life - or least a really good date night! How about you?

3 comments:

Casey said...

Your ramblings are cracking me up. You need to join Tuesday's Random Thoughts. In case the title didn't give it away, we do them on TUESDAYS.

That preregistration crap sucks, sorry you've had to do it so many times. I hope Dane gets the surgery finally, you must be sick of going back and forth.

Too much shit is made in China. I made both of my kids in the good old US of A. Take that, China.

Sorry Sony gave you the shaft. I've had two different places do similar things lately and it just pisses me off.

WTF with your credit score and Walmart? The last time I checked (years ago), mine was in the mid 700's and I remember someone giving me shit about a car loan. WTF. Good luck avoiding Walmart for life, I could never make that promise.

Try staying home with the kids, you never even know if it's the weekend or not and when it is, it's even more depressing.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I like the babblings! It makes my babblings a little less crazy!

Twenty Four At Heart said...

I think the low credit limit at Walmart is probably a reflection of tightening credit EVERYWHERE. Because, yeah, our country is really fucked up right now. Walmart sucks anyway.