Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

HASAY update - same S&*! - different day

Wow - I sort of just dropped off the blogger radar didn't I? One of my New Year's resolutions was to step things up with my blog and post every other day but instead I let things slide - big time. Ah well, all I can do is pick up from where I left off and keep on trucking, right? That seriously seems to be the theme of my life right now - one step forward, two steps back.

Okay, so let's talk HASAY, shall we? I don't know about you folks, but it appears that my body and its fat have become such close friends that they no longer want to separate. It's maddening really because I do watch what I eat. I cook healthy meals and I don't snack on lots of junk food. I don't sit in front of the tv and eat chips or ice cream. I don't drink soda. I don't eat huge portions of food either, AND I exercise at least three times a week. But nothing seems to be working.

I told myself at the beginning of the year that I was not going to focus on "losing weight" per se, and instead I was going to focus on being as healthy as I could possible be. But I'm starting to get a little panicked, because we finally bit the bullet and purchased our tickets to Hawaii for my husband's little sister's June wedding. I don't think "focusing on being as healthy as I can possibly be" is going to get me to a point where I feel comfortable enough in my own skin to bear being around people in the negative size range. I'm gonna have to wear a swim suit people!At the beach! I almost faint when I think about it.

So, I guess it all boils down to this. I have 5 months to whip my ass into decent enough shape so that I won't have a panic attack if we go to the beach. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it though - I guess I'll have to step it up even more by doing more of the things I'm already to doing right and then look for ways to improve where I can. I know I need to drink more water and get more sleep. And it would probably help a ton if I upped my cardio by adding running and increased my strength training routine as well.

So there. There's my plan. Yet another plan. I have no idea if it will produce any results. I want to say it won't right off the bat because it seems like nothing I have done since I stopped nursing has worked. It really feels like I'm grasping at straws!

I also know that in the end I should just be thankful for a having a healthy body and for being able to do what I like to do. But just for once I would also like to NOT feel like the biggest girl in the room. Is that too much to ask?

7 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

More sleep. Maybe THAT'S what I'm doing wrong!

beth said...

Beach vacations have been my number one motivator forever. Good luck.

Keely said...

Yep, I'm with you on that plateau. I'm considering a session or two with a personal trainer, just in case I've missed something really obvious. Like lopping off one leg at the knee. That'd be 10 lbs right there.

Mrsbear said...

Swim suit season, ugh. My saving grace last year was board shorts. Your plan sounds good though, some additional strength training should make a difference. Good luck.

HeatherPride said...

Ugh. Beach vacations are awesome until you have to break out the swimsuit. Look at it this way - 5 months to plan. You can do it!!

Casey said...

I'm doing all of the terrible things you listed (TV, bad food, snacking) and getting fatter by the minute. Maybe I should stop.

I'm sorry about the plateau, really. It seems like you're kicking ass with the diet and exercise so it doesn't make sense. Maybe you need to do some whacky diet to shock your system? We did the six week body makeover awhile back and it was HARD as hell but it did the trick. Of course, I went right back into my old habits and gained the weight right back...

Good luck this week!

FoN said...

I know how you feel. The thought of a bathing suit is horrifying. Just stop eating all together - I've heard that works.

Kidding!

Maybe try to squeeze in an extra day of excercise here and there?? I don't know what the hell I'm doing so I'm not much help. I'll send you 'skinny' vibes. Feel them? They should be there about now....