Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Little boy crushes

It's official. My three-year-old has a crush. A big one. A whopper. The object of his affection is Libby, the 10-year-old daughter of his new daycare provider. She's a quiet, cute little girl with shoulder length, straight brown hair and glasses. She's the third out of seven children. And somehow she has stolen my little boy's heart.



When he walks into their home in the mornings, he just stands there and gazes at her, like someone admiring the Statue of David or something. During dinner he rambles on about how much he loves her and with a sparkle in his big, beautiful brown eyes, says things like "she's beautiful as a flower" and "the next time I see her I'm going to give her "some lovin". What?! Where does he get this stuff? "Exactly what kind of "lovin" are you going to give her?" I asked. "I'm going to hug her arm" he said with a smile as big as the state of Texas itself. Whew! For a second there I was worried we'd get booted out of daycare #2!

Libby for the most part is being a very good sport about this whole crush thing. She aware that he thinks she's the cat's meow for and is very kind to him - something that all of his crushes won't be. But that's for another time and another post - both of which I hope are WAY in the future.

No comments: