Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Off and Running

Please God -HELP. ME. My baby is now RUNNING. It was bad enough when he started walking at 10 months - not uncommon, I know. It's just that I was hoping for a little more time of plopping him down with a toy and having him stay pretty much in the vicinity of where I last plopped him. But no, he needed to WALK - to constantly explore every inch of the house, to follow his brother around and get into everything under the sun. Now it seems walking just isn't good enough anymore - it doesn't get him where he wants to go fast enough, so lets RUN instead. I do have to admit - it's actually pretty damn cute - his little legs pumping as fast and they can and his fat little arms punching back and forth and the biggest, goofiest smile on his face. I have to get it on tape because I can't take a picture of him anymore -he moves too damn fast now. Every picture I tried to take this weekend was just a blurred image barely caught within the frame. Oh, and did I mention how TIRING it is keeping up with him? My pedometer clocked in almost 8 thousand steps and that was just around the house. Crazy. But I know I can't complain too much - I might be wiped out at the end of the day but at least I have a healthy, energetic, happy little boy and that's worth all the steps in the world.

No comments: