Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Out with the Old

So my husband walked into the living room last night as I was vegging out in front of American Idol and announced "we have TOO. MUCH. STUFF!" Really? You think so? That's something that I've known for like well, forever. I can barely walk through our garage without breaking my ankle. And let's not even talk about our closets for Christ's Sake - one is so crammed full that it looks like a solid wall of stuff behind the doors.

But as usual, I'm one step ahead of him in solving this situation. My summer's goal is the rid our beloved dwelling of all of our little dust-collecting gewgaws. For the past two months, I have been mentally tagging said gewgaws for my GRAND GARAGE SALE. And what a sale it's going to be. In fact, if I were attending this garage sale - I'd think I had hit the Mother Load. There's going to be baby/kid clothing, toys and gear up the wazoo, household/garage items, books galore, gardening tools, adult cloths - you name I'll probably be selling it. Since I'm much better at shopping at garage sales than holding them (that's how I acquired aforementioned gewgaws) I could use any tips/advice on how to hold a successful garage sale. Besides the obvious like not selling broken, dirty crap, should I have homemade cookies and freshly squeezed lemonade to sweeten the experience and put shoppers in the "buying mood"? Any tips/advice would be extremely appreciated. And if you're in the area, feel free to stop by - just not before 9 or the price doubles.

No comments: